Saturday 27 October 2012

Cheap and Cheerful!

I have been spurred on by Elaine at Ramblings from Rosebank.  She posted some lovely ideas for indoor bulbs.
I decided to follow her lead and plant a few for winter but first of all I needed a few pots.

I got these two bulb vases for 20p each in a charity shop.

The blue/white dish cost £1.50 and the butterfly bowl was £1.  The cottage jug is part of a tea set I bought years ago. The small glass bowls at the back were 50p and the larger glass bowl was £5 from Asda.

I planted white and pink hyacinths, grape hyacinths and white and yellow crocuses (£1 to £2 a pk in Wilko).

So I had a lovely afternoon doing some of my favourite things ... blogging, shopping and gardening!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention Pat. Love that butterfly bowl a bargain I would say. All the containers should look lovely with the bulbs all in flower. Don't forget to post the results. p.s. The Paperwhite Daffodil bulb I planted is already 3in. high, wish I'd bought more now.

    ReplyDelete